
We have been looking for a reasonably priced SpiderMan costume, that fits, for about two years. This week Matt dropped Micah and I off at a costume outlet store while he and Lilly went to REI. We found a few SpiderMan costumes and Micah was trying them on. The first two were similar except for the eyes on the mask, but differed in price - $25. and $30. Micah said "so what's our price range?" I said "well, I think $25. is still too much to pay for a costume, even though I know you'll play dress-up in this one throughout the year." He said "well, I like this one better ($30.), but this one is less money ($25.)." He was really thinking this through. Then, we saw it, ... another SpiderMan costume. It wasn't quite as 'puffy' (making the muscles stand out) but otherwise it was just the same. It was the right size and ... it was $15. I said "Micah, I'm willing to pay $15. for a costume that you'll use a lot. Want to try this one on?" We were both so giddy with excitement! He got it on and we started on our way to the mirror in the opposite corner of the store. On the way over there he says to me (mask completely over his face) "Mom, I know you can't see me but I'm smiling really big under here." I cracked up and thought to myself 'that's worth the money right there'. Obviously we got the costume. He put it on just outside the store and we walked to REI to show daddy and Lilly. He's hardly taken it off since. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment