As we were finishing our breakfast Micah asked where we were going next. Generally, we run an errand (typically the grocery) after Einsteins. I said "I don't have anywhere in mind." He asked if we could stop at the Reach 11 playground on the way home. We did and played for over an hour. It was a blast!! In the meantime, sporatic things from what we are learning popped up. My favorite ... Micah was singing "Scooby Dooby Doo I see you, the way you shake and shiver" while he was climbing. Moments later we were laughing so hard because we started changing the letters to "shake" and "shiver". Micah said "What if duck delivered the wrong letters and instead of 'sh' he brought 'l'. It would be "lake" and "liver"!!" We had 'bake' and 'biver', and so on. The joy of continuing to learn anywhere!
1 Timothy 1:5
"But the goal of our instruction is love, from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Breakfast at Einsteins
Hooray!! I've always loved my Einstein breakfasts with the kids. Tuesday we went for the first time since Micah started kindergarten. We pulled out of the subdivision and Micah said "look mom, one school bus is getting ready to drop off some kids and the other one is going to get more." Then he said "We're going to Einsteins!" When we got to the counter to order I decided to ask him some math questions to review from last week and quizzed him on the cookies. As we were eating he glanced at the tv monitor and said "Mom, there's our letters from school." They had a trivia question and the choices were: A, B, C, and D.
As we were finishing our breakfast Micah asked where we were going next. Generally, we run an errand (typically the grocery) after Einsteins. I said "I don't have anywhere in mind." He asked if we could stop at the Reach 11 playground on the way home. We did and played for over an hour. It was a blast!! In the meantime, sporatic things from what we are learning popped up. My favorite ... Micah was singing "Scooby Dooby Doo I see you, the way you shake and shiver" while he was climbing. Moments later we were laughing so hard because we started changing the letters to "shake" and "shiver". Micah said "What if duck delivered the wrong letters and instead of 'sh' he brought 'l'. It would be "lake" and "liver"!!" We had 'bake' and 'biver', and so on. The joy of continuing to learn anywhere!
As we were finishing our breakfast Micah asked where we were going next. Generally, we run an errand (typically the grocery) after Einsteins. I said "I don't have anywhere in mind." He asked if we could stop at the Reach 11 playground on the way home. We did and played for over an hour. It was a blast!! In the meantime, sporatic things from what we are learning popped up. My favorite ... Micah was singing "Scooby Dooby Doo I see you, the way you shake and shiver" while he was climbing. Moments later we were laughing so hard because we started changing the letters to "shake" and "shiver". Micah said "What if duck delivered the wrong letters and instead of 'sh' he brought 'l'. It would be "lake" and "liver"!!" We had 'bake' and 'biver', and so on. The joy of continuing to learn anywhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment