1 Timothy 1:5

"But the goal of our instruction is love, from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

Thursday, August 20, 2009

One of many moments

Last night I was browsing through a couple of our books to use words for our next grouping of letters E (short), F, G, and H. I also used our Ephesians 6:10-18 verses. A few I selected were: belt, enemy, faith, fight, God, guard, good, helmet, help. (I like it when they even use 2 of our letters or review previous letters.) Anyway, as I continued reading I saw in vs. 18 - ...asking for God's help. Wow, that used a,f,g,h and e. Cool!
Stay with me here. Today we read our verses and spent some extra time on those vs. 18 words. How do we ask? Through prayer. I asked Micah to pick two pieces of God's Armor for us to focus on today. He chose 'belt of truth' and 'shield of faith'. I kid you not ... "belt" and "faith". Those were in my list of words for today. Later we went to the white board and wrote our list of words. Yes, he said "hey, we just did those." To top it off, when he randomly chose his devotion story it was the olive oil story from 2 Kings. The concept: 'A man of God goes to God for help.'
I loved how it all tied together!! God will do that many many more times down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment