1 Timothy 1:5

"But the goal of our instruction is love, from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Skip-counting by 10

Micah's market was busy selling drinks last week (juice, milk, water, soda, ...). Why? Because they cost $.10 each and we're skip counting by 10's. :) Micah did a great job telling me how much I owed, knowing if I gave him the correct amount, and if not how much I still owed or my correct change to keep.
We already do a lot with the base ten blocks, but they are especially useful with 10's! A few fun sites to practice, if you'd like to join in: http://www.ictgames.com/LIFEGUARDS.html, http://www.ictgames.com/sharkNumbers_v2.html
Great books written by Michael Dahl that count by 10's: Bunches of Buttons; Toasty Toes; Ants at the Picnic; and a few more. He also does skip counting by 5's and 2's. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment