I pulled words from our Clifford books and gave them to Micah to practice writing and spelling. He had a nervous look on his face when I told him, but when he saw the words and sounded them out he became quite comfortable. I think he was a bit surprised at how many words he already can spell when he thinks about it and is asked. When he rhymes words and realizes that by changing one letter and it's sound to a whole list of words that's cool, but when he says "I can spell all those too!", that's even cooler. He didn't realize before that's what he was doing, sometimes he was just doing it. He had a variety of ways to practice his words ... some he really enjoyed and some were 'so-so'. (cookie cutters and 'red' play-doh; magnet letters on the chalkboard; Scrabble Cheez-It crackers; foam letters; and of course paper and pencil).



What are the words? big, red, dog, pet, love, fun, pup, beg, day, grow BONUS: kind, play, help



No comments:
Post a Comment