1 Timothy 1:5

"But the goal of our instruction is love, from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Colors in "prison"

Oh my goodness. This is such a moment. First of all, Micah does a nice job telling his dad about things we do during the day. So, the other evening he's telling Matt about primary and secondary colors. Then he begins telling Matt about the 'jails'. Huh? He continues to explain but when he comes to that word he struggles and says "it's not jails, .." and he keeps thinking as he's talking. Finally Matt gets it (I still don't) and he asks Micah "what are some other words for jail?" They come up with "cells, prisons". Micah lights up with 'prison' - "That's it." he says. Then I get it - "PRISM". He was explaining about prisms and colors' wavelengths. He also told Matt how the wavelengths are "sucked up" (I know I explained it as "absorbed") into the object and the color/s we see are the ones being reflected.
Black is all colors (wavelengths) being "sucked up" and white is all colors being reflected.

Sometimes when Matt asks "what did you learn today?" Micah struggles to answer. We have learned (Matt and I) that this isn't necessarily a bad thing. When Matt rephrases it to "what did you do today?" Micah goes into storytelling mode. Some days it just shows that he doesn't realize he's learning, but we know he is because of the way he begins applying it and talking about it without realizing. It just becomes part of him. Cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment