1 Timothy 1:5

"But the goal of our instruction is love, from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Lorax (with a sentimental twist)

I was so excited about the story of the Lorax and the science activity I was going to do with it! 17 years ago, ... yes, 17 I wrote this science activity. I was in graduate school at Ball State University. It was a science class with an amazing hands-on, "I Wonder!" attitude professor. In this class I met my dear friend (who now lives in Phoenix and has a daughter Lilly's age) Amy Evert.
The kids and I went outside, I read the story and we talked about it. Then we "polluted" glasses of water with food coloring and predicted how many glasses of clean water it would take to dilute it well enough to be "safe". We'll be able to reference this next month with Earth Day.
Yes, I found a stuffed animal Lorax to go with it. He's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment