
Thursday morning we made tie-dye shirts to wear on our last day of another unit of study - shapes & colors. Micah chose a striped pattern using yellow as the base, pink (mixed with the yellow to give him orange) and teal (which also mixed with the yellow and gave a more green coloring). Lilly perked up her 'girls' shirt and selected circles/bulls-eyes using pink for the dye.
I have to admit each unit is so fun that it's tough to have our last day. Yet, it's fun to spend a day celebrating what we've learned (and I do say 'we'). I quickly get excited about the next bulk of ideas, and it continues to amaze me how things link together and how much we use the newly learned information in upcoming day-to-day conversations.
We'll be wearing our recycled shirts a lot

during our next unit "Earth Day".

No comments:
Post a Comment